If you’re looking for the best clover seed for deer, you’re in the right place. We’ve saved you the trouble of scouring thousands of articles online by carefully curating this article with all the pros and cons.
We have considered the needs of all segments of consumers to give you the best possible advice on how to pick the best clover seed for deer.
The Best Clover Seed For Deer – Comparison Chart with Price
Best Clover Seed For Deer Reviews – Top 10 Picks with Features
Whitetail Institute Imperial Clover Deer Food Plot Seed for Spring or Fall Planting, Promotes Antler Growth and Attracts Deer, Heat, Cold and Drought Tolerant, 2 lbs (.25 Acres), White
- Packed with ANTLER-BUILDING protein
- Helps does deliver HEAVIER, HEALTHIER fawns and produce more milk
- EXTREMELY cold tolerant as well as heat and drought resistant
- Coated with RainBond for ENHANCED seedling survivability
- Lasts up to 5 years from a single planting
Hale Habitat & Seed Clovers, Alfalfa, & Chicory Food Plot Mix, 1/2 Acre, Perennial Year-Round Attractant
- Your hunt is in the bag - we deliver more quality seed for your money!
- Certified seed and specially designed mix for maximum growth and attractant
- 1 bag (3 lbs) plants approximately 1/2 acre
- Blend of Medium Red Clover, Alfalfa, Ladino White Clover, & Chicory
- Long lasting, year-round, perennial deer attractant inoculated for maximum germination
Whitetail Institute Fusion Deer Food Plot Seed for Spring or Fall Planting, Blend of Clover and Chicory for Maximum Deer Attraction, Heat, Cold and Drought Tolerant, 9.25 lbs (1.5 Acres)
- Includes the newest proprietary clovers scientifically designed by the Whitetail Institute specifically for food plots for deer
- Includes WINA perennial forage chicory for maximum attraction, high protein levels, longevity, and variety
- Provides up to 44% antler-building protein
- Coated with RainBondTM for enhanced seedling survivability
- EXTREMELY cold tolerant, resistant to drought, and heat
Whitetail Institute Vision Deer Food Plot Seed for Fall Planting, Perennial Blend of Clover, Chicory and Kale to Attract and Hold Deer, Heat, Cold and Drought Tolerant, 4 lbs (.5 Acres)
- Includes annual 210K kale specially selected by extensive preference testing on free-ranging deer across the U.S. and Canada
- Includes Imperial Whitetail Clover for maximum attraction, high protein levels, longevity and variety
- High tonnage for early and late seasons; Provides up to 36% antler-building protein
- EXTREMELY cold tolerant; Heat, and drought resistant
- Coated with RainBond for enhanced seedling survivability; Perennial clovers last up to 5 years from a single planting
Yellow Sweet Clover 10,000 Non GMO Seeds by OrOlam
- Blooming Yellow Sweet clover is often used as an alternative to lawns Annual clover used for cover crops, silage, forage, erosion control also the most special with yellow clover variety is known to attract honey bees and beneficial predatory wasps.Seeds for Honey Bees, Deer,Turkey, Goose, Pheasant & Quail Food Plot Forage Well suited for almost any soil, early maturing, Desired by most wildlife.
- Hardy perennial once established Well suited for almost any soil, early maturing, Desired by most wildlife cover crop and in production of honey.
- This clover variety tolerates poorly drained and flooded soils.
- Yellow Sweet Clover is also drought tolerant as well as winter hardy, it will not tolerate acid soils. It is drought resistant, winter-hardy and productive throughout all 50 states.
- Helps loosen soil and boost its nitrogen levels, Yellow Sweet clover plants grow as tall as 4 feet and is considered a biennial clover seed. Yellow Sweet Clover can fix or add as much as 100 units of Nitrogen per acre as well as 2500 to 3500 lbs of dry matter making this clover seed variety very appealing to Organic farmers.
Outsidepride Clover King Deer & Wildlife Food Plot Seed - 5 LBS
- Clover King is a perennial clover used for deer food plots.
- This perennial clover and alfalfa mix provides an excellent source of protein for increased antler growth.
- Sow this heirloom forage clover at 8 - 10 lbs per acre in USDA Zones: 3-10.
- Clover King can be seeded by broadcasting the seed on the prepared soil and raking it in lightly. Keep this deer food plot seed continually moist until germination occurs.
- Inoculated Seed - We now offer Clover King seed that has been coated with an inoculant for better establishment. NITRO-COAT rhizobium strains are specifically chosen for each seed type. A key to any successful establishment and early seed development is moisture.
Whitetail Institute Imperial No-Plow Food Plot Seed (Spring and Fall Planting), 9-Pound (.5 acre), White
- Includes specially selected cereal grains, annual clovers, brassica, radish and lettuce
- Highly attractive annual forage specifically designed for areas hard to access with farming equipment (logging roads, remote clearings, etc)
- Can be planted either in a fully prepared seedbed, or with minimal ground preparation sufficient to establish good seed-to-soil contact
- EXTREMELY drought and cold tolerant - Establishes quickly and grows rapidly
- Tolerates as little as only 3-4 hours of broken or filtered sunlight a day
- Sport type: Hunting
Outsidepride Perennial Dalea Purpurea Purple Prairie Clover Forage for Groundhogs, Rabbits, Deer, & Livestock - 1000 Seeds
- Dalea purpurea, or Purple Prairie Clover, is very palatable and high in protein. Animals like rabbits, groundhogs, deer and livestock will enjoy it. In addition to grazing, it is used for erosion control and for naturalizing landscapes. It has a deep tap root that makes it drought tolerant, and it does well even in poor soils.
- Purple prairie clover is a 24 - 30 inch tall perennial growing in USDA zones 6 - 9.
- It is a legume so it improves the soil by fixating nitrogen. White Prairie Clover is a perennial that blooms by mid-summer and the blooms last for about one month. The spikes that arise from the foliage have flowers that bloom from the bottom up.
- The flowers are attractive, have a pleasant scent and are very attractive to beneficial insects. Plant Purple Prairie Clover seed in the late fall in a prepared seed bed. Cover the seed with 1/16 inch of soil. In the spring when the temperatures warm to 65 – 70F, germination is usually in 30 days. Grow Prairie Clover in full sun and in well-drained soil.
- Sowing Rate: 3 ounces per 1,000 square feet or 9 pounds per acre
Hit List Seed Chicory + Clover Perennial Deer Food Plot Blend, 3 lbs (1/2 Acre) - Chicory, Ladino Clover, Red Clover, Whitetail, Blacktail, Deer, for Hunting Plot, Pure, Natural, High in Protein
- Perennial: Perennial blend of Ladino Clover, Red Clover and Six Point Chicory for your deer food plot - a great hunting solution!
- Protein: Provides up to 40% antler building protein for whitetails, blacktails, mule deer and more
- Tolerant: Extremely cold tolerant seed, resistant to drought and heat
- 5 Years: One planting can provide nutrition for up to 5 years with proper annual maintenance
- Versatile: Can be planted in Spring or Fall with great success & comes in 1/2 acre (3 lb) and 1 acre (6 lb) sizes
Outsidepride Crimson Clover Legume Seed for Pasture, Hay, Green Manure, Cover Crop, Wildlife Forage, & More - 10 LBS
- Crimson clover offers a high protein supply which provides whitetail deer and other wildlife with needed nutrients for growth. Crimson clover can also be used in hay production or as a cover crop. Crimson clover is a can also be planted for forage and hay in livestock pastures. When planted in the fall, Crimson clover makes for a great late winter grazing crop and will thrive when planted with grasses as well.
- A winter annual, crimson clover is grown from bulk clover seeds from the Gulf Coast region to Southern Ohio clear to the West Coast. It is tolerant of medium soil acidity and will grow readily on both sandy and clay type soils. It is an important winter annual forage in the south, with growth continuing through the winter with the amount influenced by temperature.
- Crimson clover thrives in mixture with grasses, provides excellent winter grazing, makes good hay. It is high in nutritive value when harvested for forage in the pre-bloom stage. Flower heads are long, crimson, and very showy. Crimson clover seeds and annual ryegrass make an excellent cover crop mixture for improving the texture, organic matter and tilth of soil.
- These heirloom seeds are non-gmo and open pollinated. Rest assured these are quality seeds. Our crimson seed is coated and inoculated for optimum germination and growth.
- High quality, productive, palatable cool season forage for deer. It starts fast, withstands heavy continuous grazing and produces a consistent, heavy seed crop with good reseeding potential. Dixie reseeding crimson clover is an important component of many of Pennington's Rackmaster Wildlife Seed mixtures. Sow seeds at 1/2 - 3/4 lb per 1,000 square feet or 20 to 30 lbs per acre.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Clover Seed For Deer
Even deciding on an insignificant purchase can make you feel like choosing between the red pill or the blue one. But is the headache really worth it? Online shopping was meant to make our experience simpler, easier and enjoyable. But in reality it is quite easy to get confused on the decision which one to buy?
This is where our efforts come in! This list of clover seed for deer will surely save you valuable time and effort. However another question remains, what makes our compilation the best? Or on what basis you should trust this clover seed for deer list.
Is it virtually possible to know every detail of a product for making a perfect purchase? The answer is definitely NO, it’s not! Then how do you make the correct decision while buying clover seed for deer? Well, the complexity of selecting a single product from a sea of them can be simplified taking into consideration a few key metrics regarding the product.
We feed thousands of data to our AI regarding these products through advanced algorithms. Based on the relevant data i.e. brand, features, specs, ratings and reviews and many others (which are discussed below) a list of best clover seed for deer has been prepared by the AI.
Branded products might seem pricey but the point is they are charging those extra bucks for reliability. Unlike many other things, trust doesn’t come cheap. 8 out of 10 times you can trust a branded one.
Enough and useful features make a product purchase worthy. This is the basic criteria to be followed.
Matching the right specs according to your need is very important and we miss no important things.
Healthy ratings indicate a good product. Highest rated products rarely disappoint users. So, we pick the best rated units on our list.
Number of Reviews:
Higher number of reviews in the shortest period of time shows the product is accepted widely by a lot of customers. Customer feedback aka customer reviews are the most insightful source of judging a product’s merit. We take serious consideration into customer reviews and total numbers while choosing them.
Ratio of Positive Reviews Against Bad:
The final rating is an average of all ratings provided by users. But we can get a deeper look at the product’s performance if we analyze the ratings on each star level.
Ranking of the Seller:
Shows the reputation of the seller. Even if you choose the correct item, a bad seller can be a big hassle. So stare clear of them.
Product Ranking in Relevant Category:
These small little details are never left out of our consideration. This is what makes our selection even more confident and authentic.
Bang for the Buck:
Spending a fortune on clover seed for deer is not a wise thing to do. Our every selected item should provide you the best value for the money you spent.
Selling Growth Over the Product Lifetime:
A product might have thousands of reviews and good ratings, still can be a bad choice. Once hyped products can be an outdated choice now. So, a gradual positive growth of any product indicates its reliability.
Every product is perfected with every new edition. Those little improvements, upgrades and adjustments come real handy in user experience. So, we keep in mind to choose the latest ones.
Unavailable product is like a dead lion. Discontinued items are surely not recommended.
Rating By Features:
There is a special segment in amazon where the product is rated according to different relevant features. This one is mostly overlooked by everyone. But we keep a keen eye on this!
A product needs to be versatile and user friendly. Our aim is to prepare a list of best clover seed for deer which will serve you in a wide range.
Amazon’s choice can be a factor to consider. It creates a sense of reliability among customers. We value amazon’s choice and prepare all lists keeping this fact in mind.
After reading through all of the reviews and features of the different clover seed for deer, it is clear that there are a lot of great options to choose from. However, the best option for each person will vary depending on their individual needs and preferences. But here, the products we have listed above, have great features and are highly rated by customers. If you are looking for the best clover seed for deer, then any of these 10 would be a great choice for you.
Last update on 2022-12-07 at 20:34 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API